Springs Aesthetics offers PRP for hair loss for men and women in Colorado Springs, South Denver, Castle Rock and other areas of Colorado. PRP treatments are fantastic for androgenic hair loss.
What is PRP for Hair?
PRP for hair loss involves a series of injections into the scalp to help with both areas of thinning and to stimulate new hair growth where it has been seemingly lost. The use of PRP is a great treatment option for hair loss because it has a number of scientifically based articles showing its efficacy increasing hair count, hair thickness, and the growth phase of the hair cycle. Its use for hair loss is gaining popularity around the world because it has no downtime, side-effects, and it works.
How Much Does PRP for Hair Loss Cost?
We are proud to announce the Springs Aesthetics hair-club 1-year program.
- Our introductory pricing is $2900 including 3 scalp PRP treatments a month apart, a touch-up PRP at 6 months, the iGrow hair-regrowth helmet, and 12 months of the Viviscal Professional hair supplements.
- This represents a savings of $640 over purchasing these products and treatments separately.
- Renewal of the hair-club program after a year is $1500 and includes two PRP scalp treatments 6 months apart and 12 months of Viviscal supplements representing over a $340 savings.
- Hair-Club members can purchase additional iGrow helmets at a 25% discount off the full price if they want an additional helmet or wish to purchase one for a friend.
- Hair club members also can purchase any of our SkinCeuticals medical grade skincare, and receive a discount on other PRP treatments (e.g., PRP Facial or PRP Lift) and/or Microneedling at a 15% discount.
- PRP hair treatments are normally $600 each. Please note this pricing is an introductory offer. Prices are subject to change.
For your convenience, we offer financing through CareCredit® and Alphaeon®.
Am I a Candidate for PRP for Hair Loss?
PRP for hair loss is best suited for men and women who experience genetic hair loss, also known as male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness. Men with this condition tend to lose hair at the temple area and the crown of the head. Women tend to experience generalized thinning over the entire scalp.
How is PRP for Hair Loss Performed?
After the blood for a PRP injection has been drawn it is spun with a centrifuge then the PRP is pulled out and injected into the scalp at the level of the hair follicles. The Very fine-needle injections are performed across the scalp approximately every half inch over the area of hair loss. Treatments take about 30-45 minutes.
At Springs Aesthetics we have a Zimmer cryo cooler, inhaled nitrous oxide (laughing gas, Pro-Nox), and topical anesthetic to make the injection process as comfortable as possible. There are no post-treatment restrictions.
What Should I Expect After PRP for Hair?
Typically, best results are obtained with three monthly treatments then maintenance every 6 months afterwards. Results start to be seen between two to three months.
What is the Aftercare for PRP for Hair Loss?
Immediately after treatment a hot shower can stimulate helpful blood flow to the area. Avoiding a hair-dryer or curling iron for a few days is recommended.
Will I Still Lose Hair After PRP Injections?
Your hair has a defined growth cycle that involves the emergence of a new hair shaft, a resting phase and a shedding phase. After your PRP injections for hair loss, you may notice that some hairs fall out, and this is only an indication of the stage of growth for those hairs. PRP can take some time to stimulate the growth of viable, healthy hair shafts.
For more than 20 years, Dr. John Burroughs has helped men and women in Colorado Springs, South Denver, Castle Rock and other areas of Colorado, as well as internationally, by providing exceptional care in plastic surgery and eyelid surgery. At his practice, he also offers medical spa treatments that are performed by his aestheticians. To learn more about PRP for hair loss, contact us today to schedule a consultation.